GRIGRI + is a belay device with assisted braking and anti-panic handle. Compatible with single ropes from 8.5 to 11 mm. Its wear plate makes it suitable for intensive use, both in the gym and at the crag. The design of the handled camming mechanism enables exceptional descent control. The selector knob allows you to choose between two belay modes: top-rope or lead climbing. The top-rope mode and the anti-panic handle make the GRIGRI + particularly suitable for learning how to belay.
- Belay device with assisted braking, compatible with a broad range of single rope diameters, for both gym and crag:
- feeding slack and catching falls are done using standard belay techniques; always keep a hand on the brake side of the rope
- belaying convenience, thanks to assisted braking: when a climber falls, the device pivots on the carabiner, the rope tightens and the cam pinches and brakes the rope. Holding the brake side of the rope helps engage the cam; therefore, it is important to always hold the brake side of the rope
- compatible with dynamic single ropes 8.5 to 11 mm, optimized for 8.9 to 10.5 mm
- rope installation diagram engraved on both the interior and exterior of the device
- great durability, for intensive use, thanks to the stainless steel wear plate
- Exceptional convenience when lowering:
- the ergonomic handle allows you to easily unblock the rope and lower someone
- easily controlled, progressive rope feed provides a smooth and comfortable descent
- Particularly suitable for learners and for instructors:
- anti-panic handle: if the user pulls too hard on the handle, the anti-panic function engages and stops the descent
- the selector knob enables the choice of either top-rope or lead belay mode. The top-rope belay mode facilitates taking in slack and makes for a more comfortable belay
- it is possible to lock the belay mode
- Weight: 200 g
- Rope compatibility: 8.5 to 11 mm single rope
- Material(s): aluminum side plates, stainless steel friction plate, cam and wear plate, reinforced nylon handle
- Certification(s): CE EN 15151-1, UIAA
Delivery Information for the Republic Of Ireland:
We offer free next day delivery to any address in the Republic or Northern Ireland on all of our website orders over €30.* We use DPD or An Post for deliveries to Ireland. Delivery method will be determined by Basecamp based on the value and size of the items ordered. Shipping methods used are listed below with estimated delivery times and other relevant information.
*All internet orders are packed & shipped as soon as possible. Orders are shipped Monday-Friday for delivery during business hours. Any order received before 1 pm will be despatched on the same day. Orders after this time may be dispatched the same day but this is not guaranteed. Delays may be experienced during certain times of the year and if this is the case we will contact you as soon as possible via email, however, we always aim to get your purchase delivered to you in the quickest time possible. Delivery times vary depending on where the goods are being sent to and the type of service that has been selected.
Delivery times are usually between 08:30 and 17:30 Monday to Friday.DPD will need a signature on receipt and if there is no one present to receive the delivery a card will be left. For your convenience, we are happy to ship to your work address. Following the collection by DPD from our store, we can provide online tracking information for your order.
Delivery Information Worldwide:
We can ship to anywhere in the world so if you cannot find your country listed above, contact us on Tel: 00 353 1 878 2711 (10.00am to 6.30pm, Monday to Friday) or via email, [email protected] to organise shipping.
We reserve the right to change these conditions due to unforeseen circumstances or if an item is out of stock or if your products have to be specially ordered in. If there are any issues with your order we will always keep you informed on the progress of your order.
If you decide that the product you purchased from us is not exactly what you were looking for, or is the wrong size, there is no problem returning it to us.
We will accept products back for exchange or a full refund as long as it is with its original packaging, receipt, the product itself unused or unworn, and returned within 14 days. However carriage will not be refunded. Where an item was sent having availed of free carriage and returned for reasons not relating to a fault with the product, Basecamp will deduct the cost of carriage from the return/credit.
Should you wish to exchange a size please contact the store prior to sending the item back. If we do not currently have an item in stock we can order from our suppliers. A delay may occur if the product is not available. Alternatively we can expedite the order from our supplier at an addition carriage charge of €15. Our returns policy is flexible, but if you are unsure please contact us.
Remember, before purchase, if in any doubt about size, colour or suitability of a product, you can email or call us with any queries about all of our products. We will endeavour to respond to emails within 24 hours.
Please note that we cannot accept any returns (other than warranty) on rated safety equipment such as climbing hardware (carabiners, nuts); softgoods (harnesses, slings); or helmets etc. as we cannot resell these products. If you are unsure whether your item falls into this category please contact us.
Please note that for international customers a postage charge is required for replacement items.
All returns should be sent to:
Basecamp, Unit 1-4 The Smyth's Building, Jervis Street, Dublin 1, Tel:00 353 1 878 2711